Skip to main content

The Low Maintenance Girl: Haircare Routine


Welcome to the part one of my first blog trilogy! The Low Maintenance Girl series is going to discuss my haircare, skincare and makeup routine. I am a low maintenance girl so I have perfected by beauty routine with the aim of little effort but maximum result!

I do love to look after my hair, it makes my hair feel nice and swishy and in turn, helps my confidence. My main hair problems are sensitive scalp and dry hair. My sensitive scalp is probably due to having eczema and my dry hair probably partly causes my hair is highlighted and partly the air con in my office (I don't know if that is a possible reason but I swear my hair has got worse since the office increased the aircon!). So these are the areas are tackle with my hair care routine.

I know this may sound gross to some of you but I only wash my hair once maybe twice a week. My hair used to get greasy (thank you dry shampoo!) but now it is used to be washed less. Greasy hair is the result of your scalp producing oil which conditions your scalp and hair so it is important not to keep washing it out.

Before I wash my hair I use a hair mask. Recently I have been using the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil Hair Mask. I put on the hair mask making sure it is evenly spread across from scalp to the ends. Then wack it up in a bun and watch a YouTube video for 10 to15mins. Maybe with a cup of tea, see this post for my favourite teas this month https://bit.ly/2MHA78u.

Then I have a shower and wash out the hair mask using my Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo which helps to soothe my scalp. I always notice a difference in my scalp if I stop using this shampoo so it definitely works.

I then brush my hair using a tangle teaser which does not tug or pull on my hair preventing any damage. I then apply  Garnier Olia Super Shine Oil through the ends of my hair for extra nourishment. Before putting my hair into plaits to give it natural wave and avoid using heat from a hairdryer.

During the week pretty much as soon as I get home I just twist my hair into a bun and secure using a coil hair tie to prevent kinks and hair breakages. I then wake up in the morning, brush my hair add dry shampoo if needed or tie up into a ponytail if needed!

Hope you enjoyed the first instalment of The Low Maintenance Girl. Come back tomorrow for the second part focusing on my skincare routine including a budget beauty hack!

What is your hair care routine?

Love,
E.x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advice to University Freshers Students

Congratulations to those who have received your A-Level result today. You made it! I hope you achieved what you wanted. If not you should still be proud of what you achieved as you worked incredibly hard. Though it sounds cheesy, it is true that everything happens for a reason, even if you can't see that reason now. I still remember my A-level results day. I didn't sleep at all the night before as I was so nervous! I got the grades to get into my first choice University, I was thrilled. Being the only one awake in my house, I ran upstairs to my Mum who was asleep in bed and woke her up to tell her! Then sat on her bed crying tears of happiness and relief. Before I get started on my advice for Freshers, I wanted to highlight that University is not the only option in life. Some people flourish better in a work environment than they do in an academic environment.  Research all your options and do what feels right for you. I know schools, a least from my experience and thr

Day Out: Hyde Park and Kensington Park.

To be honest with you the last time I went to Hyde Park was for Winter Wonderland last year! As it is a Bank Holiday Monday I decided to take a walk through both parks (starting at Hyde Park Corner Tube Station and ending at South Kensington Tube Station) to see what I discovered. I love taking long walks with my camera. There is so much to see at Hyde Park and Kensington Park you couldn't do it all in one day so I definitely plan to return again soon, especially whilst the weather is still nice. Flowers The flowers throughout both parks were bold and beautiful. I couldn't help but take photos of them. Just to mix it up a bit, some trees as well... Boy and Dolphin Fountain  It looks more like a fish to be than a dolphin but nevertheless, the amount of detail carved onto the statue including the scales is worth admiring.  The Huntress Fountain  I assumed this was a statue of Cupid but clearly I was wrong. It is a statue of Diana, the goddess

Day Out: A Walk Round Covent Garden

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday! This morning I decided to take a stroll round Covent Garden and up to Tottenham Court Road. The weather was not as sunny as yesterday but thankfully, there was only light rain. Covent Garden always feels like taking a step back in time with the old stunning architecture and cobbled streets. The Jubilee Market is all indoors (great for poor weather) and filled with handmade treasures! There was so much beautiful jewellery, paintings, sculptures and pottery. I have made a mental note to go back there for Christmas presents! I then stopped for breakfast at Starbucks to have Peach Lemonade Ice Tea and Five Grain Oatmeal which is delicious! After I finished in Covent Garden I walked up to Tottenham Court Road to go to Primark for bedding (exciting I know!). On the way, I walked past an antique bookshop which I would have loved to have gone in but sadly it is was closed! I also stopped to take pictures of the Harry Potter and Th